Youth Advisory Committee
Are you a high school aged youth looking to gain volunteer hours while helping create programming and opportunities for youth in your community?
Join our Youth Advisory Committee! The Youth Advisory Committee (Y.A.C.) is a volunteer group of high school aged youth who work with the Youth Program Supervisor to help give suggestions and ideas for youth focused programs. The group meets virtually bi-weekly on Mondays from 4:30pm to 5:30pm.
To get involved, call 613-279-3151 ext 305 or email:
Seniors Community Advisory Network
Seniors from across North and Central Frontenac participate in quarterly meetings to discuss seniors programs, issues and concerns.
To join SCAN please contact Laura at 613-279-3151, ext. 201.
Join the Board
Are you looking for ways to get involved in our rural community? Are you passionate about supporting residents in Rural Frontenac to live life to its fullest?
Rural Frontenac Community Services Board of Directors consists of 10 Directors and meets ten (10) times per year. Board members are asked to sit on boards, Ad Hoc committees and participate in special events.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Reside or be employed in Frontenac County
- Be willing to commit 5-8 hours per month
- Be willing to get involved in community events including fundraising
- Be committed to creating strong rural communities
Our Board of Directors is formed in early fall. If interested please contact Louise Moody Executive Director at 613-279-3151 ext 103 or email at:
Become A Volunteer Driver
Volunteers are essential to our service. To maintain accessibility and availability for our community, we need to maintain and sustain our volunteer workforce.
We currently have 41 drivers, 5 in the South and 19 in North and Central Frontenac Townships.
Volunteer Driver Job Description
Hours: flexible to fit your schedule
Reporting to: The Program Administrator of Frontenac Transportation Services (FTS)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record’
- A minimum of two million dollars liability insurance
- Access to a vehicle that is roadworthy, reliable and suitable for client’s needs
- Provide rides to clients, as arranged through Frontenac Transportation Services.
- Provide transportation in your own vehicle without expectation of payment, other than the reimbursement for mileage as specified by Frontenac Transportation Services.
- Maintain your vehicle in safe working order and maintain the interior in a clean and tidy manner.
To apply please download the Driver Volunteer Application Form below. Submit completed applications by email to email@example.com or drop off at The Child Centre (1004 Art Duffy Rd., Sharbot Lake, ON)
Volunteer Driver Job Application Form
2020 Recipient of the Frontenac County Accessibility Award
Congratulations to our volunteer drivers for being the 2020 recipient of the Frontenac County Accessibility Award. Our drivers were recognized for their efforts during the Covid-19 pandemic in helping our community get to essential medical appointments, receive medications, and groceries.